CREON network is a voluntary, non-profit association for people who study, work, teach and research into the management in and of construction in all of its aspects.
The aims of CREON network are, among other things:
- to promote education, dissemination and research connected with management in and of construction by any means available;
- to encourage excellence in the research of CREON members;
- to hold conferences, workshops and seminars for members, notably the recurrent conference series “Nordic Conference on Construction Economics and Organisation”;
- to encourage the exchange of ideas and experiences through a newsletter;
- to provide a forum for debate about all matters concerned with management in and of construction in the Nordic Region.
CREON network was founded 15 April 2011.
CREON Network is open to individual and institutional members from all Nordic countries working within:
- Research institutes
- Other knowledge institutions.
If you wish to join the association contact a board member.
The association consists of:
- A general assembly meeting biennially at the Nordic conferences to select next board, president etc.
- A president/chairman elected for a 2-year period.
- A committee of representatives from each of the four main Nordic countries: Denmark, Norway, Sweden and Finland.
- A small voluntary secretariat running the website etc.
- Chairman: Göran Lindahl, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
- Vice-chair: Kalle Kähkönen, Tampere University of Technology, Finland
- Ole Jonny Klakegg, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Norway
- Treasurer & membership coordinator: Kim Haugbølle, Danish Building Research Institute, Aalborg University, Denmark
- Secretary: Suvi Nenonen, The Aalto University School of Science and Technology, Finland
- International Liaison Officer: Kristian Widén, Halmstad University, Sweden
- Communication manager: Stefan Christoffer Gottlieb, Danish Building Research Institute, Aalborg University, Denmark
- Research coordinator & PhD workshop, Nils Olsson, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Norway
Legal and contact information
The association is registered as a voluntary association at the The Central Business Register (Erhvervs- og Selskabsstyrelsen) in Denmark.
C/O Danish Building Research Institute, Aalborg University
A. C. Meyers Vænge 15
DK-2450 Copenhagen SV
CVR no: 33806094
For direct inquires contact a board member.
About the name
CREON is an abbreviation of Construction Researchers on Economics and Organisation in the Nordic region. Creon is also the name of a figure in Greek mythology known as the ruler of Thebes.
The constitution of CREON is available here.